Skip Ribbon Commands

Sherrie Farrell

B.A., University of Washington
B.A., Washington State University
M.A., Heritage College

I am an instructor on the Omak Campus of Wenatchee Valley College.  I live in Okanogan with my husband, Jim.  We have two grown children who attended Wenatchee Valley College and then transferred to 4-year colleges. 

My first job working for Wenatchee Valley College was as a part-time instructor of Basic Skills and GED preparation. I discovered the joy of working with adult learners, and I discovered that I felt right at home.  I have worked in my current position as an instructor of developmental education on the Omak campus since 1988.  I have been lucky to work with such great students and colleagues.

The term “developmental education” applies to classes that help students to develop their skills.  If you need to improve your math, reading, writing, or study skills, Wenatchee Valley College has classes that will get you up to speed and ready for transfer-level classes.  If you enroll in Math 90, Math 95, Math 96 or Math 97 on the Omak campus, I might be your teacher.  I also teach English 90, English 92, English 97, and Study Skills classes in Omak.

My goal is for my students to feel at home in the classroom while they gain the skills and self-confidence to succeed.  Whether your goal is to go on to a 4-year college or to go straight into the job market, I will be proud to be a part of your success.