Workforce Grant funding?
Please drop in for one of our informational
sessions to learn about grant eligibility!
Wenatchee Campus-Wenatchi Hall 2220
Omak Campus - Room 901
INFORMATION SESSIONS- Winter 2014
on the following Thursdays:
Wenatchi Hall 2220
Omak Campus: Room 901
Spring Schedule available in March
Worker Retraining is a partnership between community and technical colleges and
the Washington State Employment Security Department.
The Worker Retraining Program provides educational and career planning to help dislocated and unemployed workers retrain in a vocational field and return to work.
Students may qualify for assistance with tuition, fees and books, and continue to receive unemployment benefits
while attending one of Wenatchee Valley College’s many occupational programs.
Who may be eligible for the Worker Retraining Program?
- are currently receiving Washington State Unemployment benefits, OR
- have exhausted a WA State unemployment claim within the last two years,OR
- are U.S. veterans, separated from the U.S. armed services in the last 24 months, and who can present a DD214 with honorable discharge, OR
- are displaced homemakers who were dependent on incomes that are not longer available,OR
- are now unemployed, but used to be self-employed, and can show that their business had decline in income over the last 3 years
- AND are enrolled in a Professional/Technical program at WVC
(for list, visit: http://www.wvc.edu/programs/prof-tech/ )
WORKER RETRAINING BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation and childcare assistance, depending on availability of funds.