All WVC students can use this FREE online tutoring service. offered by a group of colleges in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Live online tutoring is available for accounting; Anatomy & Physiology; Biology; Chemistry; Math (developmental through calculus); MS Office 2007; Outpatient Medical Coding; Physics; Spanish; Statistics; Web Development (xHTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver). Writing assistance is offered with a 24 hour turnaround for comments. Follow the link above to get to the service.
WVC provides in-person tutoring on both the Wenatchee Campus and in Omak.
The WriteLab, located in Sexton Hall, room 6004, on the Wenatchee campus, provides help to all students enrolled at WVC and those covered under cooperative agreements who have writing assignments. Your writing will benefit from the one-on-one help of a WriteLab tutor.
By using WriteLab services, you will learn how to polish your work and avoid common errors. The WriteLab tutors are experienced in helping you learn to organize and develop your ideas and put your thoughts into words. The tutors can also help you to understand the rules of grammar and punctuation and how they are applied.
Bring in your spell-checked and printed paper, and be prepared to stay for as long as it takes for the tutor to discuss it with you.
If you would like assistance from a WriteLab tutor regarding your work:
- Run the grammar and spell check first
- Please be patient and wait your turn
- Ask specific questions. For example:
- Is this passive voice?
- Is this a run-on?
- What is a split infinitive?
- Is this comma in the right place?
- Feel free to ask any questions if you're having trouble with the computers.
Please remember that the tutors are here to help!
We are located in Room 205, Mary Henrie Friendship Hall
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 10 am to 4 pm
Sign up or walk in during any of these hours. One-on-one sessions are normally 30 minutes but may extend a bit longer if no one is signed up after you.
Be prepared when you visit! Bring in your writing assignments and projects from any discipline. Come with questions to ask. We are not a proofreading service, but we will assist you to become an effective proofreader.
We can help with:
- Grammar/ punctuation/ parts of speech
- Sentence structure
- Essay organization (progression of paragraphs, clear
- ransitions, introduction and conclusion
- Idea and thesis development
- Brainstorming: organizing your thoughts for writing, creating an outline, getting started
- Using a consistent voice and tone
- Improving the overall clarity of your writing
- Proofreading skills
- Writing for public speaking
- Citing sources and using quotations
- Editing: what is essential to your essay and what is not
- Interpreting and writing for literature
- Work related writing: resumes, medical charting, science lab summaries, etc.
Write Lab & Tutor Center: 509-422-7845